Sunday, July 14, 2013

On the menu tonight

As promised on facebook... a Chappell family favorite recipe.

Tonight we had tuna melt crostini. My girls like it because it sounds fancy. Here's the story... Ingles had their twin french breads BOGO free. So I ended up with 4 twin french loaves. One bag (2 loaves) went in the freezer. One became garlic bread with lasagna and one became tuna melt crostini. We had tiny cans of tuna. Serioulsy, tiny cans. I used 5 cans of tuna for this recipe. I added about 1/4 cup mayonnaise. (Dukes of course), season salt, pepper, and half of a dill pickle I chopped and tossed in. I cut the french loaf into slices and loaded it with tuna salad. I put swiss cheese on top and sent them to the toaster oven. I served them with a pickle and chips. Certainly a family favorite!

No comments: